Monday 10 March 2014

Prom! (I know Sidsel)


Yes Sidsel, I'm not that creative, it's not my fault. Therefore, dear reader, I'll tell you a little bit about last Saturday where I went to prom (Danish: Galla). Danes don't really celebrate homecoming so we only have prom therefore I was really excited but also very nervous because we had to dance lanciers. It's a tradition we like to hold every year in the first weekend of March. Lanciers contains five different tours named (according to Wiki) the following: La Dorset, La Victoria, Les Moulinets, Les Visites and Les Lancers. And while we're at it I'd like to quote the last line on the Wiki page which says: " The dances keep getting more advanced, topping at no. 5 which is performed with a timing that has to be extremely precise compared to any of the previous dances." This is entirely true and the last tour is difficult as hell. To put it short you have, as a woman, to hold on to your partner otherwise you'll simply fly away or just fall to the ground. It goes really fast. Either way I think we all managed to survive this dance, some people did step on my dress though, without falling. Afterwards my mom forced us to pose in front of her so she could take all the pictures she needed. Therefore I'll just add one, maybe two. Then you can get to see the lovely dresses we all were wearing. Oh and did I mention that I danced the entire Lanciers in high heels? Yeah, I'm quite proud of myself even though my feet very much disliked me later that evening.
Hmm, I think that's it for now, I'm afraid I could talk forever about the different tours or all the food we ate before we danced and that would be a tiny bit boring. So that's it. Stay awesome!


Sille 

PS this is post 100! 

No comments:

Post a Comment